We run box lacrosse events out of the Midlands Arena roller hockey rink in Lutterworth, 1 hour drive north of Milton Keynes. Other Southern Box Lacrosse events are held at the roller hockey rink in Bordon, Surrey
We have two sets of box lacrosse goalie equipment and a set of box goals.
We play for 2 hours, normally on a Sunday evening every few months.
Our sessions are open to ALL players registered with the England Lacrosse (for 3rd party liability insurance purposes) including women (provided they pad-up) and cost £10 per session. See our Event Registration page for more details.
Do You Play Ice Hockey?
Ice hockey and lacrosse are high tempo, physical team sports that have similar elements to the game. Both sports use the strategy of developing odd-man situations to create scoring opportunities. Hockey players excel at lacrosse, and also become better hockey players. Read more
Box lacrosse, also known as indoor lacrosse, is a 6-a-side format of the game, traditionally played in an ice hockey rink once the ice has been removed or covered.
Read this 2017 blog on 4 reasons you should play box lacrosse.
Every April watch the biggest box lacrosse tournament in Europe, the Ales Hrebesky Memorial via their live stream on their YouTube channel. The London Knights team are regulars at this tournament. The Knights are comprised of box and field lacrosse players mostly from clubs in and around London, including many who are good friends of MK lacrosse.
Here’s a great video following the 2017 Ales Hrebesky tournament by LaxAllStars.
The key differences between box lacrosse and field lacrosse are;
- The ball is rarely out of play due to the enclosed ‘box’ arena thus the game is even faster than field lacrosse.
- 6-a-side instead of 10-a-side.
- Smaller goals, 4 feet 9 inches wide by 4 feet high. Field lacrosse goals are 6 feet by 6 feet in size.
- Goalkeepers wear additional padding.
- All outfield players use short lacrosse sticks, so no long-sticks as used by defenders in field lacrosse.
- More aggressive use of the stick (the ‘cross’) and body is permitted with box lacrosse.
YouTube Box Lacrosse Highlights
Ales Hrebesky Memorial Box Lacrosse Tournament 2013
Glasgow Clydesiders Promo
NLL All-Star Game 2012 Highlights